REPORT AIRPLANE NOISE
The City encourages residents to express their concerns about aviation-related noise to the appropriate agency as noted below. Airports are responsible for their noise impact on the communities they occupy. These impacts include noise from arrivals and departures, as well as noise from aircraft in a flight path within the immediate vicinity of the airport. Most airports have staff that responds to airport noise issues, or you can ask for the airport manager.
How to Identify Aircraft
When contacting the appropriate agency, it is helpful to provide some identifying information about the aircraft. All aircraft flying in this area are on radar and can be tracked. Follow these steps to identify the aircraft:
- See the Casper Flight Tracker
- Select a flight on the screen
The Sunnyvale Flight Tracker website allows you to click on a particular aircraft to see the flight number, aircraft type, current altitude, and speed. The details shown may vary according to the type of flight.
Where to Report Airplane Noise
NORMAN Y MINETA SAN JOSE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (SJC)
OAKLAND INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (OAK)
PALO ALTO AIRPORT (PAO)
- Noise Hotline: 650-329-2405
- PAO Noise Complaint Email
SAN CARLOS AIRPORT (SQL)
- Noise Hotline: 844-266-6266
- SQL Noise Complaint Form
SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (SFO)
- Noise Office: 650-821-5100 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Noise Hotline: 650-821-4736
- SFO Noise Abatement
MOFFETT FEDERAL AIRFIELD (NUQ)
- Noise Hotline: 650-386-0666 (recording, leave a message for a return call)
- Other noise sources at Moffett Field include wind tunnel facilities and the Outdoor Aerodynamic Research Facility. To report wind tunnel noise, or to get more information, call 650-604-4789 (newsroom number).
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION (FAA)
The FAA Aviation Noise Ombudsman gathers and logs complaints for the region. Be sure to notify the FAA Aviation Noise Ombudsman when filing complaints.
|Western-Pacific||California (Northern)||Sky Laronemail@example.com||424-405-8020|